Come on out to our monthly guild meeting, where we will have some great show and tell, an informational presentation on tool sharpening, and, of course, coffee and donuts.
Guests are always welcome. Here is a link to where our meetings are held. Hope to see you there!
It’s the warmest part of the year here in Florida, and the woodworking is just beginning to heat up! Click here to read the July 2014 Edition of Offcuts, where you will learn:
- How David Ness build an awesome Shaker Style writing desk
- Why we are looking for folks to hold a few open shop nights
- How Guild President Dale Neff is making connections with former member, and cultivating them with new ones.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
OK, folks, it’s time to click on this link to read the May 2014 Edition of Offcuts. In this edition, you will find:
- Why pine is perfectly fine for woodworking projects
- How Mike Fucile got all hot and steamy with the wood he used to build a gracefully curved chair.
- Get the results of the Guild’s annual 2 x 4 building contest!
We’ll see you at the next Guild meeting!
This is a new feature here on the St. Petersburg Woodcrafter’s Guild website. The guild has decided that it might be a good idea to video the presentations that happen at our meetings and post them to our website.
So, without any further ado, Ben Farrell had the duties this past meeting in March, and he talked about his finishing regimen.
We’re hoping to bring you more great videos from each meeting.
Stop the presses! We have a whole bunch of news about the guild in this month’s newsletter. Click here to read the April 2014 Offcuts, where you will learn:
- When the upcoming Guild picnic is scheduled
- Why apple wood is good for woodworking
- What the first meeting notice looked like
- When Woodcraft’s inaugural swap meet is being held.
We hope you enjoy the newsletter, and we look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!
March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.. and we’re woodworking every day in between!
To show what we are doing, Click Here to read the March 2014 edition of Offcuts.
Inside, you will find:
- How Guild President Dale Neff is getting inspiration from a 200 year old bench design for his workbench
- Take a gander at Bob Brusso’s grandfather’s clock
- And, get a personal invitation to attend this weekend’s upcoming Woodworking Show at the Tampa Fairgrounds from Roland Johnson.
As always, if you have any suggestions for articles for the Offcuts newsletter – or you would like to write one yourself – get in touch with any of the members of the board of directors.
When we come out to the meetings of the St. Petersburg Woodcrafters Guild, we continue to build the woodworking community. And, all across Florida, there are other woodworking guilds and clubs that meet on a regular basis.
Today, we thought it would be a great idea to list some links to those clubs and guilds meeting across the state:
Turning guilds and clubs also turn up all across the state as well. And, here are the links for the ones that have websites:
If we have forgotten anyone, please be sure to send the club or guild’s name and website to our Vice President Tom Iovino for inclusion. email@example.com
What’s the latest from the St. Petersburg Woodcrafters Guild? Well, check out the latest in the February 2014 edition of Offcuts, the official newsletter of the guild. Click here to get the full edition!
In this issue, you will find out:
- How the guild got involved in the State Fair woodworking exhibit.
- How guild member Edward Renner built his own T-Track clamp down table.
- What guild member Gary White thinks about Perfect Match Stain Markers to repair nicks and dings.
Want to find out more about the Guild? Be sure to stop by and visit us at our next meeting!