It’s time again to show off your skills creating an object using a simple home center, construction grade 2 x 4, 8 feet in length. Bring your finished projects to our April 28th meeting. Cast your vote for the best design! See you there!
On Saturday January 31, Heritage Village will be hosting its annual Folk Festival, a celebration of music, food and traditional crafts.
And, as you might imagine, one of those traditional crafts is woodworking. Guild members are needed to help demonstrate old-school woodworking techniques while representing the awesome work that the guild promotes.
The event runs from 10 a.m, until 4 p.m., and we can use all the help we can get. You don’t have to work the entire day, just a few hours will allow you to show off your skills, meet a bunch of nice folks and spend a day woodworking!
Even if you aren’t a member, it’s a great opportunity to get out, shake some hands and even consider joining.
We will be discussing at the upcoming meeting.
Alright, everyone, we’re getting into the swing of the holiday season, and it’s time for the November 2014 edition of Offcuts, where you can read about:
- The upcoming green challenge, and how you can become part of it!
- How you can become an officer in the guild and really help spread the word about woodworking.
- How to make the holidays of some special, deserving kids just a little brighter through your woodworking.
Also, you can read about guild Vice President Tom Iovino’s presentation during the October meeting. If you missed it, here it is for your viewing pleasure:
Hope to see you at the next meeting.
Summer may be coming to an end, but things are heating up at the St. Petersburg Woodcrafters Guild. Be sure to check out the September 2014 edition of Offcuts by clicking this link. In it, you will find:
- How to take advantage of our guild’s mentoring program for projects like turning and cabinetry.
- Read how we are working to make the Guild a non-profit corporation that will spread learning about the craft far and wide.
- See how we are trying to restart the open shop program to show off shops of our guild members.
We look forward to seeing you at the next guild meeting!
But, the St. Petersburg Woodcrafters Guild website is back. :-)
Now, who’s up for a little woodworking? The guild welcomes Carl Johnson of Franklin Street Fine Woodworking to this month’s meeting on Tuesday, September 23. Carl and his parter Allison Swann-Ingram do some incredible work at their woodworking school, so this promises to be a great show.
We are also looking to get some woodworkers out to Heritage Village’s Country Jubilee on Saturday, October 25. Earlier this year, we had a great time at the park’s Folk Festival cutting some joinery and talking up the guild, and the weather promises to be a whole lot cooler in late October.
We hope to see you at the meeting!
It’s the warmest part of the year here in Florida, and the woodworking is just beginning to heat up! Click here to read the July 2014 Edition of Offcuts, where you will learn:
- How David Ness build an awesome Shaker Style writing desk
- Why we are looking for folks to hold a few open shop nights
- How Guild President Dale Neff is making connections with former member, and cultivating them with new ones.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
OK, folks, it’s time to click on this link to read the May 2014 Edition of Offcuts. In this edition, you will find:
- Why pine is perfectly fine for woodworking projects
- How Mike Fucile got all hot and steamy with the wood he used to build a gracefully curved chair.
- Get the results of the Guild’s annual 2 x 4 building contest!
We’ll see you at the next Guild meeting!